Dear Sisters and Brothers:
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic Local 62 will be following the recommendations from the Governor of California and the Monterey County Health Department. Our top priorities are protecting the health and welfare of our members and to ensure critical union business continues during these challenging times. Please be advised of the following temporary changes:
· Dispatching will continue as normal
· The office will be closed to in person visits. Dues may be paid by phone with a credit or debit card or by check through the USPS.
· The Training Center and all classes have been suspended until further notice.
· All membership meetings for March, April, and May have been canceled.
To keep our members healthy and informed please note the following:
· Anthem Blue Cross, 24/7 advise nurse, 1-800-700-9184. Anthem Blue Cross will waive co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles for the diagnostic tests related to COVID-19.
· Kaiser Permanente, 24/7 advise nurse, 1-800-454—8855. Kaiser plans cost sharing (deductibles, co-payments, and co-insurance) will be reduced to zero dollars ($0.00) for medically necessary screening and testing for COVID-19 including the office visit, associated lab testing, and radiology services in a plan hospital, emergency or urgent care setting, or medical office.
· The link to the EDD website for information regarding unemployment benefits is www.edd.ca.gov. Governor Newsom has waived the one-week waiting period for people who are unemployed and/or disabled as a result of COVID-19.
With any questions regarding medical benefits please call or email Nancy Yanko at the following: Ph. 888-220-6030; fax 559-456-4831; email email@example.com.
In an effort to keep our members up to date Local 62 will be sending out notifications as we receive them.